We know very well that summers in Belgrade can be scorching hot. But that does not mean that you can’t enjoy the places the city has to offer! During the hot summer days, we are advising you to cool down at the pool, lake, or river. The beginning of summer means that numerous swimming pools around Serbia are gradually opening to visitors. Keep reading, because we will give you an overview of the best hotspots for upcoming days.
Dip in the swimming pools
With their affordable entrance fees, outdoor swimming pools are the favorite places of Belgraders in the summer. We are sure that you too will get refreshed, enjoy with the locals, and certainly have a great time.
Most of these pools are located centrally in Belgrade, so it is easy to reach them.
- “25th of May” – also called “Milan Gale Muškatirović”, has 3 pools (Olympic, recreational, and children’s pool). It is located on the Danube quay, so if you decide to have a coffee at one of the cafes nearby the pool, the perfect view is already included in the price. (Every day 10:00-19:00, 250 dinars)
- Tašmajdan – located in the park of the same name. There is only one pool. For an additional fee, you can use the gym, fitness center, and wellness center. (Monday to Friday 06:00-09:00 and 12:00-18:00, weekends 12:00-18:00, 360 dinars)
- Olimp – the complex of swimming pools is a part of a larger recreational center. Four pools of different depths are working on this site. (Every day 10:00-19:00, 300 dinars)
- Košutnjak – the 5 pools of this largest swimming complex of Belgrade are sheltered in park-forest Košutnjak. Therefore, there are plenty of green areas and trees under which you can catch the shade. (Every day 10:00-19:00, 250 dinars)
- “11th of April”, in the Sports Center “New Belgrade”, has 3 swimming pools – small, medium and Olympic. Relax center with sauna, jacuzzi, and tepidarium, is available on site as well. (Every day 10:00-19:00, 400 dinars )
- Banjica – close to the famous Byford’s Forest, this sports center has 2 large outdoor pools (Every day 10:00-19:00, 400 dinars)
Prices and working hours are subject to change. Some pools offer discounts for afternoon-only usage and for children. Night-time swimming is sometimes possible in some pools. The listed locations have indoor swimming pools as well.
Lakes and rivers
Famous Ada Ciganlija – “Belgrade’s Sea” has a real coastal vibe in the middle of the city. It has 6 km of beach, with most of it being well-kept and secured. Lifeguards are on duty every day from 10:00 until 19:00. The entire lake area has excellent facilities, with showers and toilets along the beach. There are plenty of opportunities for sports activities, such as football, basketball, volleyball, and tennis. It is possible to rent a paddleboat, a bicycle, and roller skates. Adrenaline activities such as bungee jumping, rock climbing, and aqua-skiing are available too. Of course, we can help you choose the best one for you.
If you get tired, do not worry. People of all ages love to hop on the tourist train, which drives in a circle around the Lake. Get off at any of its 18 stops, and have a cold drink or a tasty meal at one of the numerous cafes and restaurants.
To see everything Ada Ciganlija has to offer this summer, click here.
If you want to swim in the most important European river – Danube – Lido is the place to go! It is located on the tip of the Great War Island. The island, at the exact confluence of Sava and Danube, is protected by the law due to its unique ecosystem. Urban development is not permitted. Hence, the access is possible only from Zemun quay, by boat or pontoon bridge (set up at the beginning of July). The beach is small, but it has everything you need. The island has pristine nature and rich wildlife and we are asking all the visitors to be respectful while exploring it.
Serbia has over 10 amazing aquaparks, and some of them are in the vicinity of Belgrade. One of them, Aquapark Hollywoodland is just 12 km away from the city center. Besides indoor and outdoor swimming pools and waterslides, you are able to use the fitness center, saunas, steam bath, tepidarium, and salt cave. You can even enjoy the massage in its wellness center. A hotel is available for everyone who wants to spend a night there. Likewise, S-Klub (30 km away from the center) has 8 pools and 12 slides, spa center, sports facilities, hotel, restaurant, and even the banquet hall.
We can help you visit the aquapark of your choice, you just need to contact us and we will take care of everything. From reservation to transportation, we are here for you!