Skadarlija is one of the most visited streets of Belgrade, made in 1720. It is situated in the very center of the city near the National Theatre. In the 19th century, Skadarlija was a place where famous actors, poets and other artists lived and so it became a bohemian quarter which was filled with numerous taverns that exist even today. The entire street pavement is made of cobbled stone and this is the one Turkish feature it has kept to this day. There are also many bakeries, pastry shops, galleries, hostels and cafes. Now Skadarlija is a place full with domestic visitors and tourists where you can find a lot of restaurants and tavernas with very famous Serbian traditional cuisine, and in the evening you can enjoy in one of many live music acoustic performance while drinking a glass or two of some great local made rakija or wine.
Gardoš was inhabited in the period of the Vinca culture. It is placed in the city center of Zemun. It was named after Slovenian noun for ,,city’’. Gardoš outspreads among the shores and it is one of the essential boardwalks in Belgrade. Next, to the many cafes and restaurants, there are The Zemun Fortress with Tower of John Huniadin and different churches. Special attention is given to many events such as Summer in Gardoš (Leto na Gardošu) and Summer stage (Letnja pozornica) where are escorted various concerts and plays.
Ada Ciganlija Lake
Ada Ciganlija (,,The Belgrade sea’’) is a lake made on river Sava. Name is taken out of Celtic word Singa-Lia which means ,,an island’’ . Ada lake is in 1821. pronounced National welfare. It is full of beaches, cafes and it has over 50 sports objects, recreative activities and it is one of the favorite summer and winter destinations among Belgrade citizens and tourists. Baths are outspreading the lake with its full length, and it also includes a nudist beach.
The Cathedral Church
The Cathedral Church of St. Michael the Archangel was built in 1845. on the basis of the former temple. It was wrecked to the ground and it was reconstructed in the time of the Ottoman conquests. In this church, among the plenty of valorous objects, icons, and books, there were buried Miloš Obrenović, Dositej Obradović, Vuk Stefanofić- Karadžić and other patriarchs and metropolitans.
Tašmajdan park was named after a Turkish word for ,,a stone-pit’’. Because of huge aggerations, in catacombs were kept ammunition and also there were used for sheltering soldiers. It is assumed that Tašmajdan is the exact place where the remains of Saint Sava were burnt. In this park, there are located: The Church of St. Mark, The first seismological station in Belgrade, Russian church, hotel and cafes. Also, there is a Recreative center Tašmajdan. Furthermore, there are indoor and outdoor pools, running tracks, trim tracks, and workout outdoor equipment, special places for playing chess, relaxation with classical music, beautiful fountains with changing colors an extensive court on which are held summer concerts and winter rinks.
Knez Mihailova was created in 1867 and has kept the same look ever since. It has been deemed as the main walkway and the settlement center since the days of the Roman Empire. During the Turkish Era here in Serbia, Knez Mihailova had five mosques until the street was reconstructed in the year 1717. It is interconnected to a lot of smaller streets. As the main street in Belgrade, it has a lot of shops, bars, cafes, statues, hotels and galleries. It is one of the biggest tourist attractions in Belgrade.
The name Kosutnjak is derived from the medieval hunting forests of the Serbian Nobles that used to live in the park. Long ago Kosutnjak was the most popular place for hunting but now it has become a popular attraction for rest, relaxation and recreation. Apart from the basketball courts, football fields, swimming pools, and other facilities there is a track for running equipped with fitness machines. The cafes are surrounded by beautiful nature and they have a great view of Belgrade. Kosutnjak is the most popular place in Belgrade for camping, relaxing in nature and relaxation.
Temple of Saint Sava
The Temple of Saint Sava is the largest temple in the Balkans and the biggest church in the world. It is thought that Sinan Pasha burned all the relics in the year 1595 at the place where the temple was built. Some people still think that the relics were burned at Tasmajdan, which is now a park here in Belgrade. The Temple of Saint Sava is still currently in construction.
Tito’s Museum or the House of Flowers is the most visited tourist place.
It was built in 1965 and its purpose was a summer garden where Josip Broz Tito spent most of his time. His wish was to be buried in there, and besides that today it is a permanent exhibition. There is a memorial room in which there is the book of condolences, an exhibition in where are glass relied tiles that are worn for Tito’s birthday (which was declared as the Day of Youth) uniforms, books, photos.